Our ethos lies in providing the most sophisticated service by providing a calm, loving and entertaining environment
Hi my name is Marion
and I am the manager at
Yarborough Care Home.
Our mission is simple, to
provide the highest quality
of care at a home that
really does care!
Our day care is designed to give caregivers and families regular or intermittent daily respite, while their loved ones enjoy a quality environment and genuine caring by qualified and well-trained staff. Our attendees usually have some form of memory impairment and/or a diagnosis of a type of dementia, or older people who experience mental illness such as depression or anxiety. However, if you live on your own and would like to join us for a day of companionship, activities and a nutritious meal, then please do not hesitate getting in touch with us.
Subject to your enquiry, a senior member of Staff would arrange to meet you and the person needing day care and go through an assessment to confirm that the services are appropriate and suitable for their needs. This would be either at your home or at Yarborough House. If you wanted to proceed with our day care service, we would ask you to complete a personal history questionnaire. This enables us to adapt our care around the attendee.
What does our Day Care offer?
• A warm, safe, comfortable environment
• A programme of stimulating daily activities including exercises, cognitive activities and entertainers to motivate, relax and reassure
• Ongoing reviews to ensure we meet the needs of each individual
• Respite for carers
• Trained Staff and Volunteers (enhanced DBS and ISA checked)
Our Day Care Services include:
• Day care from 8.30am to 4.30pm
• Available 7 days per week
• One-off or regular days
• Meals, snacks and beverages (special diets catered for)
• Medication administered by qualified staff
• Personal care including bathing and washing
• Garden and walking areas
• Disabled and assisted toileting facilities
• Please note the fee does not include transport to and from the Home
Some of the activities on offer to attendees include:
• Music therapy
• Gentle exercise
• Reminiscence therapy
• Art therapy and crafts
• Board games and quizzes
• The list can go on...
Referrals can be made directly by social workers, GPs, hospitals or families. This process is straightforward, and we can support you every step of the way.
‘We would like to thank everyone at the Home for the care given to our uncle. It is a warm feeling when staff take the time to deal with matters personally, so again thank you so much.’
‘The bedrooms have been decorated to a high standard, and personalised to the resident’s requests.’
– District Nurse
‘The Home shows good evidence, that it is able to support people with dementia.’
Request a Visit
With warmth, care & flexibility you and your loved one can feel secure in a loving environment
Request a visit to Yarborough Care Home
© Copyright 2007 Yarborough Care Home
Call us 7 days a week
01472 355 791